On 22nd June 2020 we started our journey back into providing Dental care for our patients. At this first stage we were providing only emergency treatment. For treatments that could cause a Covid 19 risk, we were sharing your care with our colleagues at the Hospital based ‘Urgent Dental Care Centres’.
On 30th July 2020 the Scottish Government announced that we would be able to carry out certain URGENT treatments in practice that will avoid the need for a Hospital referral.
These treatments are referred to as Aerosol Generating procedures – AGPs – more specifically, treatments that use the dental drill, the hygienist’s ultrasonic leaning wand or the dental air spray gun.
AGPs are considered as a significant risk to the spreading of Covid 19 which means that we need to ensure a high degree of cross infection control to ensure the safety of both patients and staff. This is achieved by your dental team wearing a higher level of Personal Protective Equipment –PPE.
PPE is limited in its availability due to the high demand by all healthcare sectors.
With these limitations placed upon us by the current phase of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are only able to carry out Emergency Dental Care. We are, therefore, unable to carry out our normal range of dental care at present – check-ups, non-emergency fillings, scaling and polishing etc - but, with our NHS colleagues in other Dental and Medical departments, we are working towards a phase where we can increase the access a greater diversity of safe dental care for all our patients.
What should you do if you need help and assistance?
Between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday
Call the practice reception on 01292 263550. You may be redirected to our answering service. If so, leave a message with your name, number and a short description of your problem. We will return your call as soon as possible.
After 6pm and at weekends
Call NHS 24 on 111 who will give you advice
Your care is paramount for the Dental team at Barns Dental Practice and in these challenging times we will strive to ensure that you are cared for.
Barns Dental Practice
Why choose us
- We are an ethical, long-established practice
- Our central aim is to establish and maintain excellent dental health for the whole family through Preventive Dental Care
- We offer a full range of treatments – from general dental care to more specialised treatments like dental implants and aesthetic treatment to improve your smile.
- Access to the practice is easier due to our extended opening hours for those who require evening or early morning appointments
- We have extensive experience in treating patients anxious about dental treatment
- We have a ground floor suite of treatment rooms for those who have difficulty with stairs
- For those who require wheelchair access, we have a ramp and disabled parking at the rear of the practice.
- Our on–site dental laboratory provides prompt repairs to dentures, usually on the same day.
- A full medical history is taken at the start of each course of treatment to ensure your safety.